jaycee

Bibliobimbo

If there was a Reader's Anonymous, my family would probably have shunted me off into rehab already.

Solomon Kane: Castle of the Devil v. 1

Solomon Kane: The Castle of the Devil (Dark Horse's Solomon Kane, #1) - Scott Allie, Mike Mignola, Dave Stewart, Mario Guevara Let me start by saying, I don't like Robert Howard. At all. Give me John Carter of Mars over Conan the Barbarian any day. So I wasn't sure that I would like this comic book, based on one of the first fragments that Howard wrote about Solomon Kane, his Puritan adventurer character. Basically, Kane is Conan, except Conan is different/exceptional because he is (duh) a barbarian, while Kane's differences are attributed to his...let's say fervent religiosity. However, they both roam their respective worlds fighting eldritch, uncanny evil and getting propositioned by sexy, dangerous, usually foreign ladies.But the comic wasn't bad. The artwork was quite good, and the story creepy. You wouldn't read it for the character development, or the well-rounded, in-depth views of women and minorities, but it's a fun way to spend an hour or so.