jaycee

Bibliobimbo

If there was a Reader's Anonymous, my family would probably have shunted me off into rehab already.

The Cartoon History of the Universe II, Volumes 8-13: From the Springtime of China to the Fall of Rome (Pt.2)

Cartoon History of the Universe II, Vol. 8-13: From the Springtime of China to the Fall of Rome - Larry Gonick Gonick's illustrated overviews of history are just exceptional. I have never laughed so much while learning so much. I go back and read these every so often both as a refresher on history and because they are so entertaining. Vol II deals with the rise and fall of several empires in China, as well as the rise and fall of the Roman empire. It ends just as the Roman empire collapses. The comparison of the two empires at opposite ends of the known world is very interesting. After reading about all the murdering that went on in the upper classes (enormous numbers of people wiped out during every regime change!), I believe I'd vote to be a plebe/peasant. So, overall, very good stuff.