jaycee

Bibliobimbo

If there was a Reader's Anonymous, my family would probably have shunted me off into rehab already.

The Chronicles of Harris Burdick: Fourteen Amazing Authors Tell the Tales / With an Introduction by Lemony Snicket

The Chronicles of Harris Burdick: Fourteen Amazing Authors Tell the Tales - Jules Feiffer, Lois Lowry, Gregory Maguire, Sherman Alexie, M.T. Anderson, Louis Sachar, Kate DiCamillo, Walter Dean Myers, Tabitha King, Chris Van Allsburg, Cory Doctorow, Jon Scieszka, Lemony Snicket, Linda Sue Park, Stephen King Like all story collections, a mixed bag. I might have given this a higher rating, but I was a little disappointed that some of the stories didn't seem to match the pictures. In fact, I'm a little disappointed that this anthology actually happened, as the enjoyment in The Mysteries of Harris Burdick is that of creating your own stories to go with the wonderfully evocative pictures. However, without that baggage, this is a pretty decent short story collection. I hadn't realized that Steven King's The House on Maple Street was based on a picture from The Mysteries--duh! I particularly liked Jules Feiffer's story about a demented children's illustrator.